Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Miss you Sharon

Todayt it's been one year since my sister Sharon passed away from brain cancer. I've tried not to dwell on it too much, but there are days where her presence is missed and I can't stop the tears from coming. I think about the family events she's missing or the bike rides she could be coming on. I think about her humor and candid nature. I think about her boys and how much the could use her love and teaching. I think about my parents and how hard it is for them to see their child leave this earth before them. Perhaps my heartache is a bit selfish, but it cannot be helped.

One never expects to lose a loved one, especially at such a young age. I console myself with my certainty that she is happy, safe and waiting for all of us to pass on to see her again. What can I do beyond that?

Today I read Adam's blog which references Fat Cyclist's goal to raise funds for the LAF in 2009 as a team. While I've contributed to this fund in the past perhaps this is a new opportunity to recommit myself and encourage others to help. Help fund a solution to parentless families, the suffering of children and all the pain that cancer brings to the individual and all those who care for them.

For the 3 of you that read this blog, please consider joining the team. http://www.fatcyclist.com/2008/11/12/lets-break-some-records/

Maybe no solution will be found and this is just a reality of our existence on this planet, but we never know. Just as I never know if I'm going to win any given race I enter, but you keep fighting and pedalling anyway, you just don't know what can be accomplished due to determination unless you try.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Study Abroad! I am considering it for spring term! : )