Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Opening Post

Newbie
Everyone else seems to be doing it, so why not me? I am mainly starting this blog to force myself to create somewhat of a journal of my weekly activites, including, but not limited to; cycling, snowboarding, climbing, my family, job, travels, etc.

I suppose this means I too will need to start carrying a digital camera everywhere. Well we'll see about that.

Cycling
As the season is drawing toward the end and I've not progressed as much as I would have hoped I'm re-evaluating my focus and level of determination for next year. I've also questioned the focus of the team that I manage and may make some big changes for next year, but first things first. Evanston race next week, ULCER (100 miles around Utah Lake) after than and then more road training for
LOTOJA, and finally the real bonus to the whole season, 24 Hours of Moab.

Family
The main restriction on more training and hence better race results is family. Presently my wife is due to have our 3rd child sometime this month and I've been trying to be around more for her sanity as well as mine. Consequently the duration and frequency of my riding has suffered. She has been very supportive of my riding, but in these latter stages of pregnancy it has been harder to manage our overly energetic 4 and 2 year old. So my assistance is needed.

Well that should suffice for my intial posting. More updates to come.

No comments: